Tuesday, January 27, 2009

for a little laugh...

I don't think I've laughed so hard since I read ... this post of Corrine's a few weeks ago. Click there if you need more than one good laugh. Anyway, I hope I can get this out in words as hilariously as it was done in person... here we go.

I was in my craft room, reading updates from my friends on facebook when an adorable little voice startles me from behind. I turn and there are those bewitching dark brown eyes. With a couple little blinks, I then hear, "Mommy, I need to talk to you... Daddy has . . . *something* on his face, and it hurts me! . . . You need to come check it out."

This has that game "telephone" written all over it. I begin to wonder what the real message was as I ask her, "did Dad ask you to come get me?" Yes. Ok, so I start to walk towards the family room. I'm thinking he probably has a rash, or a zit or something that he is wanting me to take a look at. I sat down next to Benson and looked at his face. I can't see anything strange. Benson then asked me if Colette told me what was wrong. I say yes, she said Daddy has something on his face, and it hurts *her and I need to come check it out. I waited for him to clarify the message as it should have come out. Benson then asked Colette to show me the problem. She says, "right here mommy, see! I kissed Daddy's cheek and it hurt me!"

Can you figure out what it was?









Yup, his "scruff". I laughed so hard! She was so sincere about his problem! All I could do was tell her I *TOTALLY* agree.

4 comments:

Devri said...

I agree it hurts.. that is hillarious.

Brenda said...

My grandpa used to give me "whiskrin's" everytime I saw him. He'd rub his scruff on my cheek after I would give him a kiss. I miss that! Cute story!

Sean and Hillary Monroe said...

So true! I agree. Very cute, and very appropriate! I tried convincing Sean to get it lasered off once, but he thought I was joking. I was...sort of.

Teri said...

Awww! I love that kid.