Thursday, February 19, 2009
Someone turned FOUR!
Monday was our little Tank's birthday. I really can't believe that she is four. Apparantly, neither can she. All day she kept telling me that she hadn't grown up yet so she was still 3. We invited some good friends over since it was a school holiday and we had a very informal party. Mostly just kids running around and playing and adults sitting and chit-chatting. Oh, and cake. :) In honor of my 3rd born, I'm going to do a tag... about her.
1. WAS THIS PREGNANCY PLANNED?
2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME?
3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS?
a little scared. I knew what I was getting into!
4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU?
Are you kidding? absolutely not!
5. HOW OLD WERE YOU?
6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT?
pregnancy test at home
7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST?
8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX?
yes! I don't really like surprises
9. DUE DATE?
March 2, 2005
10. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN ?
February 16, 2005
11. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS?
Minimally through the first 3 months.
12. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE?
Hmm... I don't remember craving any particular thing with her.
13. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST?
Everything. I was really irritable, but not for any particular reason. I was working and I really hated it when patients would make rude comments asking if this was my first, or my last child.
14. WHAT WAS YOUR CHILD'S SEX?
girl of course :)
15. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING?
Nope, I was thrilled to have 2 girls close in age.
16. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY?
hmm... I have issues with weight and do not weigh myself. you'd have to ask my doctor.
17. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER?
yes, I had great co-workers who gave me a great shower. I also had one after she was born given by friends. Unfortunately, she was actually in the hospital during the shower.
18. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW?
I knew, did I mention I don't really like surprises?
19. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY?
It was complicated by silly doctors. ha! They were sure I was going to go into preterm labor based on my history, so they were super careful. Of course, she was born at 38 weeks (the longest of any of my kids) so I had weekly doctor appointments (and exams) for like 6 weeks prior to having her. (side note, the same group of doctors wouldn't take me seriously when Twister was showing signs of coming at 32 weeks, go figure)
20. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH?
21. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR?
A beautifully short 5 hours.
22. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL?
23. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH?
My husband, and the doctor. I'm not much for giving a show.
24. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION?
25. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN?
Yes, though it wasn't nearly as effective as it should've been.
26. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH?
6 lb 12 oz
27. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER?
Ha ha ha! If you don't know, you're not learning it here. Sorry! How about a history of her nickname... her first nickname was "stinker". It would've stuck except I made the conscious decision that we had to change it. When she was about 2, we juggled between stinker, Tank, Letti and Lucky. I know Lucky is the nicest of the names, but Benson said Tank fit her better. And it did at the time. :) She still responds to all of them.
28. HOW OLD IS YOUR CHILD TODAY?
4 years old
Happy birthday Darling Tank!!
And for Aunt Kelli: