Saturday, November 14, 2009

Ultrasound results

You'll have to forgive me for being a day late.  Goose has been sick with an ear infection and I was absolutely exhausted last night.  So much so that I fell asleep at 8pm!  Then this morning I went to get the pictures to scan them and Benson had taken them to work with him.  So... no pics for now.  They were really fuzzy anyway, but its always fun to try  to make things out. 

Anyway, the ultrasound went well.  I felt like the tech was going really fast, but I suppose he does these a lot.   He kept saying the baby was really active and moving a lot, but staying face down which made getting a view for gender difficult.  There was actually one point where we could see the baby opening and closing the mouth, then moving the hand up by the face.  The baby actually even had enough room in there to stretch its legs out straight!  I guess that's the advantage of being the fifth...  the womb has been well stretched out by now.  Anyway, the tech of course can't tell us much of anything, but he said he didn't see anything that he thought was concerning.  The peanut is right on target for size... the heart was beating away like crazy, and as I mentioned, there was good movement.  The doctor should call early next week with official results. 

I wasn't sure the peanut was going to let the tech get any view at all to tell us the gender, but in the end, the tech won the battle. 





























Its a girl!!!

12 comments:

Kristi said...

Ohhhhh congrats sweetie!! I am really happy for you, and I am glad that everything looks good. Take care of yourself!

Kelley said...

Yea!! I'm so happy for you! Way to go peanut, way to cooperate!

W.W. said...

Congrats!!!

Devri said...

Congrats on the girl.. lol like it matters after so many kids.lol I was right.. ya know, out of a 50/50 chance, I had luck for one day. yay me!

Shannon said...

She'll be a cutie! So what names are you thinking of? Or are you waiting to tell?! Fun news. Hope Goose is feeling better.

Sarah H said...

Congrats! HOw fun.

Liz Smith said...

i knew it! :D congrats!

Unknown said...

Congrats!!

Karena said...

Congrats!!! Have you thought of any names yet?

Kim said...

CONGRATS!!!We are so happy for your family :)

Emily Widdison said...

hip hip hooray! congrats! She is gonna be darling just like her sisters!

Unknown said...

alien baby with a crown. creative. I think she'll be cutier later...