Wednesday, January 23, 2008

First near insult of this pregnancy

I'm not easily offended. Lets start with that. And I don't think I'm truly offended now, however, I did have a comment today that I have never received before with any of my pregnancies.

I work in a doctors office, so our patients recognize me, but don't see me all that often. So, this nice lady came in to the office for some labs this morning and takes a long, OBVIOUS look at my stomach and says, "SO... Is something going on there?" I politely laugh and say yes, I'm expecting. She asks when I am due, to which I answer May. She then asked, "is there just one baby in there?"

I've always been on the small side with my pregnancies. I often have people tell me I can't be due so SOON. Not with #4 apparantly. *sigh* I'm just 5 months along, and feeling huge today. What lame comments have you gotten with your pregnancies?

6 comments:

High Desert Diva said...

well....at least you're really preggers
it totally sucks to get those looks/comments when you're not!

Anne said...

The one that always offended me was: "Was this planned?" ummm, whether or not my husband and I were using protection is ENTIRELY no one's business but ours!

Cheryl Anne said...

Wow, see, you are all making me feel better. :)

Some people just don't realize what is completely inappropriate to say or ask.

Corrine said...

I get the comment, "are these all yours?" whenever I go shopping.

I get the "you don't even look pregnant." So what do I look? one can only assume fat! i just brush it off to I have large breasts and it takes a lot for my stomach to catch up to it.

Right As Rain Creations said...

Hahahah! For me it was the third one that really made my belly pop right away. I looked six months pregnant at about three months.

Don't worry, though - the growth ratio slows. I am now 7 1/2 months and look it. Phew! I was afraid that at this point I'd need a cart to roll around under my belly. :)

Crafty Mama said...

I've had people tell me that I didn't look old enough to be pregnant.
Um, thanks?