Tuesday, March 2, 2010

My new calling

So I was called as the "Teachings For Our Times"  RS teacher and last Sunday was my first day to teach.  On top of the stress of being 35 weeks pregnant;  I was SOOOOOO nervous.  I was just sure the nerves were going to put me into labor before I ever got up there.  That or my water was going to break during the lesson.  I just had a feeling about it.  LOL.  SOOOO, I didn't go into labor beforehand.  Next, I just had to get through the lesson without labor actually starting.  I stood up, put my papers in front of me, then proceeded to apologize for being really nervous and really pregnant.

Then I got a MAJOR contraction.  Couldn't talk through it, except just as it was starting to apologize that being nervous gives me contractions.

awesome.  I was just sure this was it.  LOL!  I was going into labor in front of EVERYONE.

Amazingly, I was able to get through that first contraction and the rest of them were not strong enough that I couldn't speak.  Somewhere amidst some great comments, I wasn't quite as nervous and the contractions actually stopped!  And my water didn't break!  WOOHOO!  Best part about it was I think I gave the whole lesson.    Its all a bit hazy now, but people told me I did a great job.  Go me!  LOL!

6 comments:

Karena said...

Wow! Seems like you may actually make it to 37 weeks, who knows, maybe more...fingers crossed!

Liz Smith said...

LOL. oh man, i have to say, that was hilarious! it may not have been funny to you at that moment, but it certainly made me laugh and i think it was the perfect ice breaker. Though im not gonna lie, at that moment i said a mini prayer in my head, "pleeease don't let this woman go into labor." :P anyways, it was a great lesson!!! good job! :D

Sarah H said...

You'll be great at that calling I'm sure. Don't you feel like you should just be exempt from everything while you're this pregnant? COngrats on getting through it anyway.

Teri said...

I am sure it WAS amazing!! Love ya!!

Kim W said...

You've got my dream calling. Ha! I'm sure this will stay in your memory as most awkward lesson you ever gave, but those ladies are lucky to have you each month. Yay you!

Anonymous said...

WOW, what were they thinking...what was the Lord thinking...I guess you needed that experience for some reason! Glad you made it through.