Monday, December 7, 2009

Santa

Twister didn't even cry at Santa this year! Progress, right?




We had a good time at our ward's Christmas breakfast this year.  Good food, good company and good times.


So far, I've got about 4 1/2 gifts ready.  Still more to go.  I'm really hoping what my kids remember is the time, thought and effort we've put into gift giving this year.  And obviously that time and effort is not at the stores. I've been trying to spend time *with* the kids making the gifts for others so that they are involved and creating memories.  In this commercial world, that is a challenge, but I know it will be worth it. 

5 comments:

Liz Smith said...

Im sure they will remember. I'm excited to see the finished projects.

Kim W said...

I love the idea of a Christmas breakfast ward party. Do you do that every year?

Cheryl, you are really such a good mom. Thanks for caring enough to take the time to be with your kids. That's why they are such great people! :)

Kristi said...

Sounds like alot of fun! What are you making?

Teri said...

You are an inspiration, my friend. :)

Ashly said...

That is so awesome! I love the pillows. I might try that next year. We did friend blankets this year and I agree, it was so nice to get the kids involved.